Thursday, June 10, 2010

Secretariat Poster



This is the first of anything I've seen of the upcoming 'Secretariat'. Movies about horse racing seem very hard to pull off. The racing sequences, of course, are exciting, but what do you do in between.

I was not too enthused about the idea until I learned Randall Wallace is directing. I loved 'We Were Soldiers', also directed by Wallace. He did a great job handling the disparate action of the battle. I never felt confused or unsure what the orientation was. Hope he can pull the elements of 'Secretariat' together with the same panache.

This is, for sure, the exact type of story Diane Lane excels at. She is centered in the poster so her role must be important. Probably a good sign because, though race sequences are exciting, they only last a few minutes, and it's the drama of the people involved that make or break a story like this.

I don't know the details behind Secretariat's quest for the Triple Crown, but the tag 'The Impossible True Story' holds promise. Scheduled for an October 8 release.




No comments:

Blog Archive