Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Pix and storylines from 'Real Steel' are rolling out. Movie stars Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly, and Dakota Goyo, is directed by Shawn Levy (Date Night, Night at the Museum), written by Leslie Bohem and John Gatins.
Story concerns a washed-up boxer, Charlie Kenton (Jackman), whose career fizzles when fighting robots take over the ring and nobody wants to see (human) people box anymore. Kenton gets a chance at a comeback, both as a fighter and a father, by building a fighting robot with his son Max (Goyo).
This first still looks very Photo-shopped, and the CGI has a thick, unfinished quality. Some parts are too glossy, while other elements are too pastel. The action isn't very organic. It lacks something. Jackman's finger pointing would be more appropriate if he was portraying a commander in the field pointing to a distant spot where he wants something (like artillery, or a mobile hospital) set up. It's as if the ring is huge, maybe 100 feet corner to corner. The gesture doesn't have the intimacy usually found in boxing movies.
This looks more like a mock-up than a finished product.
Hope coming materials have more heart. Current release date November 18, 2011.
- ► 2013 (568)
- ► 2012 (1471)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- Evisceration by Keyboard
- Hollywood's Most Reliable Comic Actor
- Poster Schmoster
- I like 'Love Ranch'...No Matter What You Say
- Scorsese Likes Grint
- Resident Evil Afterlife
- New 'Rango' Trailer
- James Cameron is Number 3?
- Trailers for Non-Existent 'Iron Sky' Used to Snag ...
- Stallone on 'The Gullibles'
- Johnny Depp is Rango
- Angelina at Vanity Fair
- Why Movies Cost So Much
- 'Inception' TV Spot
- 'Restrepo' Review
- Pay Hulu, Watch (Internet) TV
- Aw! They're Such Little Fockers!
- 'Dinner for Schmucks' Poster
- 'Grown Ups'
- 'Cats and Dogs 2'
- Paul McCartney as Frodo?
- Who Wrote William Shakespeare's Plays?
- Silly Toys From the Movies
- LAT Exodus
- Twilight Addiction
- For Sale: One Robot Arm, Slightly Burned
- Retired Extremely Dangerous
- James Gandolfini's 1995 'Mint Julep' Finally Avail...
- Helen Mirren Packs Heat in 'Red'
- 'Tron Legacy' Poster
- Lousy American Movie Posters: Part III
- Times Square Kiss
- Upside Down Signage
- "Grace, Milly, Lucy...Child Soldiers"
- Retro Expendables Poster
- 'Predators' International Trailer
- Twi-Hards Stake Out Their Turf
- The Conception of 'Inception' Sound
- First 'Inception' Review
- Makes Bad Movies Good
- New Platforms
- Green Hornet Poster
- Conviction Poster
- Charlie Rose with Tilda Swinton
- "I Want to Enjoy the Movie When it Comes Out"
- So Much Hate
- Fun New Toy
- The New Goofy Action Movie Guy
- Flammable Water? Gasland on HBO
- American Movie Posters: Part II
- Green Hornet Pics
- Resident Evil: Afterlife
- I'm Never Taking a Shower Again!
- How The American Assembles A Rifle
- Happy 50th You Psycho
- Posters: Euro vs American
- Middle Men
- Middle Men Poster
- More Anti-Marketing
- 'Toy Story 3' Fun Facts!!!
- The American Poster
- Don't F*** My Mom!
- Poster by Jack Davis
- Centurion Red Band
- Smurfs Invade NYC
- Tomei on Fresh Air
- Fox and Brolin
- Cruise and Diaz Anti-Marketing
- Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage
- Twelve Poster
- Godfather of the Dead
- Eva Mendes in W
- Cotillard Covers Vogue
- Assembly-Line Movie
- The Real Magic: Good Storytelling
- Real Steel
- Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky
- Find Blonkvist Laptop
- The Walking Dead: Zombie School, or, The Living De...
- Jonah Hex. Faster Than a Speeding Bullet?
- The Girl Who Played with Fire Trailer
- Coco and Igor
- Wait a Second -- W.W.S.B.D.?
- Megan Fox for Interview Magazine
- The Politics of 'The Karate Kid'
- Michael Bay Pledges 'The Dead Will Stay Dead'
- The Girl
- Secretariat Trailer
- Tangled Teaser
- ▼ June (152)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)