Thursday, June 24, 2010

For Sale: One Robot Arm, Slightly Burned

According to Suvudu, the original arm from 'Terminator' will be auctioned by Heritage Auction Galleries July 17.
Shay Austin, who was an Assistant Art Director on the movie. Austin apparently rescued it from the set after the film’s final explosion scene.
“I was there and after the explosion I ran up with the special effects crew to see what was left,” said Austin. “We started picking up the pieces and I picked up the arm. I stayed on the film until the very end including doing pick up shots. After that we wrapped quickly, and I had another job to go to, so I tossed the arm into a box with some other leftover props, and then into my storage. Because I liked the film so much I kept some of the pieces as my souvenirs. Now Heritage is selling them all.”
  
 Expected to bring $15,000.

No comments:

Blog Archive