Monday, July 19, 2010

Review of Hans Zimmer's Score for 'Inception'


Kaya Savas reviews Hans Zimmer's score for 'Inception'. Here's a clip:

I really don’t know how to describe what I experienced in those next 50 minutes, but I can say that it left such an emotional impact on me that I was still shaking after it finished. The score swells and boils and builds to an eruption that washes over you like a wave. The wave then pulls back and then washes over you again and again.

Okay. That qualifies as gushing.

She was 'still shaking'? Makes me wonder what, exactly, the reviewer was doing in those 50 minutes, listening to music or, well...who knows.

If the music really makes you feel that way 'again and again' it should be a best-seller.

Apparently, Christopher Nolan liked it too, saying, "That’s one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard."







No comments:

Blog Archive