Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What Is 'The Further' And Why Should We Care?

This is such a throwback to the pysch-horror of the 70s and 80s. Think 'Phantasm' mashed with 'Flatliners'.

I like it. This featurette gives me doubts, makes me wonder. It's just that anytime you have to explain the premise of a movie, especially a horror flick, it's not a good thing. You should be able to hit the ground running when it comes to plot details and the world the story takes place in. There just isn't enough time for explaining stuff in genre flicks. There may have been in the 70s and 80s but today's audience doesn't want to sit through that. Not so much.

All in all, 'Insidious 2' isn't looking as organic as the first one. But still, I like it. I'm willing to give this a shot.



















No comments:

Blog Archive