'Getaway' will make money. This should come in #1. They've put together something people want to see.
How, though, is this different from 'Fast/Furious' and why should it draw an audience? I think it's the realness of the stunts. We're just tired of CGI, too-smooth, weird looking action. Not that FF is loaded with CGI, but... Okay, so that leads me to the next thing -- It's not as comic-bookish as FF. Real? Realistic? Maybe not, but more real than FF.
There's also a level of immersion in the action that comes from having all those cameras. An average of 25-30 per take? That's coverage. I think people will respond.
That begs the question -- FF doesn't immerse the viewer? Not so much. There's a distance to the FF camera work (possibly due to striving to avoid destroying expensive cameras). FF has a gloss 'Getaway' doesn't have. Slick and clean vs. gritty and messy.
Then, there's the nature of antagonism. In FF, it's operatic. Gang vs. gang. Kinda impersonal, kinda so-what. In 'Getaway' it's mano a mano, albeit via video uplink. I think people want to see that. The 'Voice' vs. this poor slob in a muscle car. Audiences will want to see how that turns out.
- Here's A Story
- Mitty Soars
- Non-Digital, Gritty
- Another Mesmerizing Trailer for 'The Turning'
- A Remake That's Looks Better Than The Original
- Come On. He Kills The Monster While Saving A Puppy...
- 'Dallas Buyers Club' Trailer
- New Trailer for 'Carrie'
- Kevin Spacey Re: TV/Movies/Content/Story And Givin...
- Asian and German Trailers for 'Captain Phillips'
- 'The Monuments Men' Poster -- Sometimes, All You N...
- The Buzz Of The Day: You Know Who Will Play You Kn...
- 'All The Boys Love Mandy Lane' -- Finished in 2006...
- 'Thanks for Sharing' International Trailer
- Another 'Dark' Film? Enough With The Dark.
- A Gripping Featurette?
- Title and Plot A Little Cheesy But, Wow, Classy Po...
- 'Parkland' Trailer
- International Pressure-Cooker Trailer for 'The Cou...
- 'Taken' With Fast Cars -- aka -- 'Getaway'
- The Best Thing On The Web Right Now -- 'Squirrels'...
- What's Going To Happen Next
- (Really Nice) International Poster for '2 Guns'
- Beautiful, Elegant, Smart
- 'Don Jon' Strikes Again
- What Is 'The Further' And Why Should We Care?
- A Threesome Is...Two Thousand Bucks
- Arresting Image
- Drop Everything Trailer for 'The Monuments Men'
- How Often is a Trailer Engrossing?
- Lots Of Potential
- Nice Clips
- 'Don Jon' Sneaking Up
- More Action, Less Social Commentary
- Okay, I'll Watch. Trailer for Diablo Cody's 'Parad...
- Remember, It's "Lee Daniels' The Butler"
- Sometimes, Something Good Comes Along. Trailer for...
- Remember, It's A Red Band Trailer
- ▼ August (38)
- ► 2012 (1471)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- ► 2010 (1073)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)