Tuesday, January 22, 2013

'Olympus Has Fallen' Trailer

Yeah, I admit it. When I hear a pitch like this I roll my eyes. That title doesn't help. However, trailer is very nicely put together. Gets you into the story. And, have to say, looks viable in the details.

I've got faith in Anton Fuqua. Aaron Eckhart as the president works. Ashley Judd has the chops. Morgan Freeman -- I'd watch a 90 minute movie of him knitting a hat. All of which lends the needed support for Gerard Butler in the hot seat.

With Dylan McDermott, Radha Mitchell, Melissa Leo, Angela Bassett, and Robert Forster... The movie has what it takes. May or may not score at the (domestic) box office but should overseas and on TV/Cable/rental/stream.

Notable about the writers -- Creighton Rothenberger comes from the English Honors Program at the University of Pennsylvania. Really, let's face it, most writers can barely write. Not that such programs necessarily produce good screenwriters but it's worth noting. Then there's Katrin Benedikt. She's from Reykjavík, Iceland and I can't help but wonder if English is a second language. If so, Fuqua put together a capable crew.

I'll be getting the Blu-ray and watching a few times.

Here's the click click trailer.


















.

No comments:

Blog Archive