Thursday, September 12, 2013
So, It's A Tie? Or, They Die?
In Scott Bowles' write up about Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone's new romp 'Grudge Match' director Peter Segal mentions using old footage of both actors training for 'Raging Bull' and 'Rocky'. Cool. That alone would be interesting to see. I'm looking forward.
Segal also mentions shooting multiple endings in order to keep the real ending secret. In one, during the boxing match Stallone's character wins. In another, De Niro's character wins. In a third, they both die.
That's right. Die.
Here's a clip from the link above:
That also appeared in the printed newspaper.
I find it hard to believe either of these actors would agree to have his character die in the end. However, how could one win and the other lose? For comedic value, and seeing how there's not too many other choices, I could see both guys dying in the ring. That would be funny. I can hear them laughing now.
However, at this link it says they tie at the end.
Ties, not dies. Ties. T-ies.
Okay, that's better. How else could you end a movie like this? It has to be a tie, right? De Niro vs. Stallone = tie. Has to be.
But maybe, they both collapse and it looks like they're dead, and the crowd is shocked, then they wake up and realize what's happened and it's really embarrassing and they agree their boxing days are over, shake hands and go have a cup of tea. That would be good. That's what I'd go with. If it were me.
Now that that's settled, on to the really important stuff.
(I'm moving. My new blog is 101-to-la, as in highway 101 to Los Angeles. I'll be double posting here and at the new blog for a while, then retiring MoovyBoovy.)
- Like An SNL Skit About Something That's Not That F...
- My New Blog
- Moving To Los Angeles
- New Footage from 'Carrie'
- Pretty Much Gotta-Watch Trailer for 'Last Days On ...
- A Little Bit Dumb, A Little Bit Fun
- So, It's A Tie? Or, They Die?
- The Violence in 'Prisoners'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Title Sequence Making-Of...
- Don't Blink, Don't Breathe, Mesmerizing
- They're Both Likeable. The Counselor and the Other...
- Lush Looking 'Rush'
- German 'The Counselor' Character Poster for Javier...
- Looking More Like Something Worth Watching
- Admit It. It's A Bad Title
- Dramatic, But Real Enough?
- The New 'TV' -- or -- Why Movie Theater Attendance...
- Funny. I Actually Laughed
- Give A Man A Mask And He Will Tell You The Truth -...
- Very Rare Quality
- Another Hit For 'Gravity'
- 'Mitty' On The Moon -- This One's For You, Pal
- Great Trailer. Don't Know About The Movie
- Now, Which Martial Arts Keanu Reeves Movie Is This...
- 'Under the Skin' Trailer
- And Another Poster for 'Mitty'
- Spanish Language Poster for 'Mitty'
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2012 (1471)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- ► 2010 (1073)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)