Thursday, February 07, 2013

'Dead Man Down' Featurette

I like everything about this movie. Great title, for instance. Love that -- Dead Man Down -- has a ring to it.

The cast works. In the footage I've seen Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace click, and don't look like they're in a scene. Terrence Howard brings a weird cool edge as the bad guy -- should be interesting.

That it's directed by Niels Arden Oplev (original adaptation of Dragon Tattoo) is so right for this kind of story. Oplev is directing the upcoming TV series 'Under the Dome', based on Stephen King's story. I'd dismissed this until I heard Oplev was behind the camera. Now, I'll probably watch.

Writer JH Wyman brings that edge -- he's done Fringe and the twisty 'The Mexican' -- and is working with JJ Abrams on a TV sci-fi movie (slash) pilot. That should be endorsement enough.























.

No comments:

Blog Archive