You see a poster like this and instantly know the movie will not do well. They couldn't even put the boilerplate at the bottom? It's in the middle of the graphic. No way.
And, what's with that tagline? "Proof can be a powerful weapon?" I'm going to want to see this because 'proof is powerful'? That means nothing. Maybe if it hinted at some kind of action, like: "It's not the proof that counts, it's what you do with it." Yeah, that would get me interested. What's the guy going to do once he has proof? Hmm? That could get butts in seats. But, the concept that 'proof is powerful'? Dude, we already knew that. Yeah, proof is damn good stuff. We knew that. Tell us something we want to hear like, 'Wait till you see what this badass motherfucker does once he gets the proof he needs'. Tell us something like that.
Here's a suggestion for a better tagline: "You want to dangle shitty posters in front of us with fine print slapped right in the middle like you don't even care about composition or aesthetics and your two leads striking a generic pose that tells us nothing about their characters or the plot then expect us to want to see the movie like a bunch of mindless drooling Pavlov dogs? Okay. Fine. Fuck you guys and your stoopid movie."
So...here's hoping the trailer kills.
- ► 2013 (568)
- Yeah. Push 'Star Wars 7' Back a Couple Years. Make...
- Megan Fox for Acer
- Witch Uniforms Have Changed...
- Another Bad Light Fixture
- Drones But It's Fun To Watch
- Japan: A Skier's Journey Ep 1
- Sexual Subtext
- Twisted and Gnarled
- Kubrick at LACMA
- Spoiler Alert: John Dies At The End
- With a Face Like That I'd be Angry Too
- Short Short Gerard Butler
- Way-Back Poster for 'Django Unchained'
- Arnold in 'Ten'
- Dew on Insects
- "Let Me Touch You With My Words. For My Hands Are ...
- Great Posters. Hope The Movie is Good.
- New Look at 'Citadel'
- No Shootouts? What? Are We Making French Movies No...
- Lonely Cabin in Middle of Woods? Check. Secret Tra...
- Beautiful Spanish Poster for 'Django Unchained'
- Smooth Is More Important Than Fast. More Important...
- A Few New 'IM3' Stills
- Didn't See That Coming
- Denzel Talks Character in 'Flight'
- Smart Writing Avoids Being Too Smart
- Ooh. A Look at 'Iron Man 3'
- The Sea Water Drinkers
- Reviews Are Bad
- Minimalist, Good
- Glossy But Still Not Getting The Hook
- 'Django Unchained' Character Posters
- Oof. International Trailer for 'Mama'
- Skyfall/Omega Watch Commercial
- International Trailer for 'Killing Them Softly'
- Spooky Tree
- You Will Like 'Jack Reacher'. Oh, Yes You Will.
- Alan Arkin Gets The Line(s) Of The Year
- Making of Pi
- 'Carrie' Tease
- Clip from Trainfall. I Mean 'Skyfall'
- Asian 'Flight'
- What Was That Girl's Name Again?
- "Argo Fuck Yourself"
- Airbrushy, Too Smooth, No Hook
- Pure Atmosphere And Innuendo
- Buttery Popcorn Crowd-Pleaser Trailer for 'Flight'...
- In Your Face -- Or, Put Your Cards On The Table Po...
- On X-Mas?
- 'American Horror Story: Asylum' - First Five Minut...
- Poster for 'Gangster Squad'
- 'You've Got Nudity In Here!'
- Beautiful French 'Looper' Poster
- Stills From 'Hitchcock' Nail The Look
- 'Hitchcock' Gets Classic Shattered Glass Poster
- Karenina's Contemporary Vibe
- If It Wasn't A True Story, If It Didn't Really Act...
- Poster/Trailer for Shakespeare Doc 'Last Will & Te...
- New 'Zero Dark Thirty' Images Just Have That Look
- Chris Walken Cooks Chicken With Pears (Again, But ...
- A Few New Posters for 'Seven Psychopaths'
- Clip From 'The Sessions' Doesn't Miss A Beat
- JJ Abrams Shows The First Clip from 'Star Trek Int...
- You Gotta Love It
- Particularly Good Spot
- Shooting The Bad Life: 'Malavita'
- Very Assured
- Drop Everything. The New Trailer for 'Stoker'
- The Poster Was Broken But The Trailer Hums
- How Do You Spell Tom Cruise in Russian?
- The Die Hard Thing
- Kinda Works
- Strike 3?
- Straight From The 80s
- This Is Just A Slap In The Face
- Yeah, Probably The Best Thing You'll See All Day. ...
- Yes. That's Right. It's Actually Good.
- Is It Just Me...
- 'The Croods'
- 'Sinister': Like Someone Rediscovered Creepy In A ...
- Strike 2 -- Or -- John Carter 2013
- Great New Poster for 'The Sessions'
- 'Seven Psychopaths' Featurette
- One To Remember
- Javier Bardem: Gets The Worst Hair But Plays The B...
- Flat Poster for 'Zero Dark Thirty'
- 'Frankenweenie' Monster Movie Homage Posters
- People Will Want To See This?
- ▼ October (89)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- ► 2010 (1073)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)