Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stretch Armstrong Movie?




MTV blogs about the planned movie adaptation based on the Stretch Armstrong doll made by Kenner (remember that name?) back in the 70s.

Shaky sounding idea. A whacky comedy, huge budget 3-D movie about a guy with stretchy limbs? I can already see the fakey CGI coming through the screen, and poking my mind with its hokey plot.

I like that Rob Letterman (Monsters vs. Aliens) will direct, but Taylor Lautner in the title role? He doesn't seem right for this -- he just doesn't have that 'stretchy' look. I really don't see him carrying a big-budget CGI 3-D romp.

Weren't the kids that played with Stretch Armstrong kind of dorks? I was totally a dork and I would never touch one of those things. This picture needs to be aimed at kids to have any chance, and I'm not sure they'll be interested.


No comments:

Blog Archive