Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work



I never appreciated Joan Rivers' take on things until a few years ago. Was too wet behind the ears to get it, I suppose. It scared me a little. Now, though, as a calloused old codger, I enjoy her approach. As edgy as Don Rickles but less off-putting, while having more depth, and being more natural and sincere.

Am looking forward to the film by veteran documentary filmmakers Ricki Stern and Anne Sundberg, 'Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work'. Love the title -- a nice allusion to both her career longevity and her numerous nips and tucks. The footage I've seen hooked me.

Opens limited June 11.

1 comment:

alex said...

I’ve been hearing nothing but great reviews on this. I saw on Indiewire last week that named it one of the 25 must see films for this summer. I know it’s coming out in New York but does anyone know of anywhere else it’s playing?

Blog Archive