Friday, May 28, 2010

Harper's Bazaar Fluffs It Up




Harper's Bazaar chats with Katherine Heigl.

Now that she's a married mom of an adopted daughter, the outspoken Katherine Heigl is learning to think before she speaks.


With an intro like that...
Continuing:

...one can argue that Katherine wouldn't be the star she is today without her ballsy moves and vocal, opinionated point of view. She called her first hit, Knocked Up, "a little sexist," stood up for gay best friend T.R. Knight at the Golden Globes, and bowed out of the Emmy race in 2008 because "I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination."

An 'opinionated point of view'? Isn't one's view their opinion? An opinionated opinion?

The write-up ends with this revelation from Heigl:

"Now it's time to reevaluate and grow up. I hope by my mid-30s, I get to the point where I don't doubt myself," Katherine explains. "I'm going to make mistakes and say stupid things, but I won't have to sit in a room in the dark and wonder, 'Am I a bad person?' It will be 'Okay, Katie, enough with the drama.'"


No comments:

Blog Archive