Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?


Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon...A serial killer like the ones in the movies. That, at least, is what the main character in "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" tells the documentary crew who follow him as he plans a killing spree. The movie, directed by Scott Glosserman, premiered at SXSW in 2006 and won the Audience Award at the Gen Art Film Festival the same year, and opened in limited release last week.

Glosserman has been committed to movies from the start, moving to LA to work at CAA straight out of college, then quitting that gig to pursue a career. Indiewire has an interview with Glosserman -- I like how he became interested in filmmaking:

We had a terrible thunderstorm come through when I was in Jr. High. The storm left trees down, power outages, stunned birds, no school [and] lots of structural damage. I went out with my dad's new home video camera and I "reported" from the scene, interviewing neighbors and the PEPCO guy. I loved it!

Another success story from the 'just do it' school. You can read the complete interview at Indiewire.

No comments:

Blog Archive