Thursday, September 06, 2012

"I Know I Know It" Trailer for 'Cloud Atlas'




















Halle Berry's intro doesn't quite catch a spark. In her defense, though, I get that 'We're in a movie. A big fat super-deep, way dramatic, ultra-meaningful movie.' vibe from all the actors.

Trailer in general, while visually lavish, yes, leaves me...what's the word? A bit cold, a bit numb, weary. I'm certainly not looking forward to the (164 minute) movie. With previews that would be over 3 hours. Add getting ready, round-trip drive, parking, lines, etc., and it's cringe-inducing. That's an entire afternoon. Not looking good at this point.

The kind of movie I tend to catch, on disc, over a period of a week or two, a few minutes at a time.

Curious to hear the TIFF reaction.




















.

No comments:

Blog Archive