Saturday, November 05, 2011

"Untitled Project" by Paul Thomas Anderson 'Poster'

You gotta love this.


IMDb lists this untitled project as being called 'The Master'. I like this title, it's a good title, but this new 'poster' leads one to presume Mr. Anderson hasn't settled on this specific designation and the movie will be called something else when released. That's fine, however it remains unclear what the reason for releasing this poster is, unless of course the movie will be called 'Untitled: A Project by Paul Thomas Anderson', which would be fine I'm sure. But, even if this were the case wouldn't a press release accomplish the same thing? However, it's unclear what such a notice would be comprised of. Just what would you say? That would be a tough one. Yes. Yes, it would. I wouldn't want to have to write that one up.

All of this, in turn, makes one wonder why I posted this 'poster'. I certainly do. I mean, aren't you getting the feeling your time has been wasted? I do. Sort of.

Nonetheless, precious, just precious. If nothing else, despite getting that 'my time has been wasted, thanks a lot' feeling, this graphic is memorable and sets up the release of the movie, no matter what it may end up being called, like no other poster I can think of. Nice marketing. Looking forward to this...under any title.

Can't wait for the first trailer. Hope it's got more going on than this poster, but let's face, that's not really a prerequisite. Not anymore. That, it seems, has been established.














No comments:

Blog Archive