Clearly, this is intended to inform a prospective audience as to what 'Hitchcock' will be about. Never a good thing when your movie needs a tutorial. Worse, though, this primer comes off a bit cold, distant, inaccessible. There's little sizzle, wow factor.
It plays dry, certainly -- that's clear -- however, to me, it's almost brittle, and almost in an offhand way. It's not the kind of thing that comes from a given style of editing, either. Probably, this is how the whole movie will feel.
I'm not sensing a lot of energy from the marketing. Posters have been excellent but footage not so much. Opens limited 11/23 which, with Thanksgiving falling a couple days later, just doesn't feel right. Not the kind of movie people tend to see that particular weekend. But then, what's the solution? When do you open a movie like this? X-mas? Even worse -- people would be even less apt to see it then and the competition is wicked that time of year. Open early next year? Worse. Nobody sees stuff like this then.
So...we would appear to be stuck playing the cards we're dealt.
- ► 2013 (568)
- Clip from 'Zero Dark Thirty'
- Portrait of Felle Vega by Philip Bloom
- 'Warm Bodies' Again
- "I'm In Your Blind Spot. And, I Have Nothing To Lo...
- 'Stoker' Site Goes Up
- 'Pacific Rim' Action Figures To The Rescue
- OMG! 'Pacific Rim' Kaiju Attack! Caught On Video!
- 70s Blah Poster
- The Captain Planet Saga Continues
- "With Your Velcro And All Your Gear"
- Copy That?
- Among the Best of the Year
- Another Look at 'Killing Them Softly'
- Don Cheadle is...Captain Planet
- Looking at the 'Anna Karenina' Script
- French Poster for 'Les Misérables'
- Poster for 'A Magnificent Death From A Shattered H...
- Russian Poster for 'Movie 43'
- Slow-Burn Trailer for 'Dark Skies'
- Drop-Dead Funny Trailer for 'I Give It A Year'
- Trailer for 'Jack the Giant Slayer'
- So...The Year is 2088 And...
- Peek at 'The Host 2'
- Hook, Line, and Sinker Review of 'Lincoln'
- Another Great Poster for 'Zero Dark Thirty'
- Judd Apatow Jibber Jabbers with Conan O'Brien
- 'Epic' Eye Candy Slash Story
- 'The Impossible' Featurette
- Soldiers in Mech-Suits
- Great Title Great Trailer
- 'RoboCop' Featurette
- 'Rise of the Guardians' Featurette
- More For Your Consideration
- Spanish Poster for 'Gangster Squad' Beats Ours to ...
- "And Look at What I am Now"
- Trailer for 'Admission'
- Netflix Plays an Ace
- New Trailer for 'On The Road'
- New 'Hobbit' Poster and Song Premiere
- In Case You Missed It or Have Been Living in a Cav...
- Like, You Gotta See This
- Just How Wicked Is She?
- 'Django Unchained' Character Banners
- Like the 60s All Over Again
- 50s Pitch for 'The Canyons'
- Kinda Product-y, But...
- For Your Consideration
- Elvis Mitchell Introduces Lost Bond Film 'To Have ...
- Annie Leibovitz Covers Les Miz Cast
- 'Europa Report' Eye Candy Tease
- If It Weren't For The Very Cool Poster...
- 'Movie 43' Strikes Again
- 'Warm Bodies' Poster
- Nicely Shot Clips from 'Citadel'
- Poster for '21 & Over'
- As If We Needed Pursuading
- Newest Attempt to Sell 'Hitchcock'
- Trailer for 'World War Z'
- 'Price Check'
- 'Hitchcock' Featurette/Tutorial
- Best Thing You'll See Today
- Loads of Box Office Dollars, Basket Full of Awards...
- Boom Boom Boom Boom
- 'Zero Dark Thirty' Poster
- Not Exactly Verbal Sparring
- Raunchy Funny
- New Breed of Zombie
- Not The Usual Wood
- Another Pixar's 'La Luna' (For Everyone to See)
- Pixar's 'La Luna'
- UK Trailer for 'Lincoln'
- 'Escape From Planet Earth' Trailer
- Another Great Poster for Jessica Biel's 'The Tall ...
- New Short Film by Philip Bloom
- I Knew It
- Starts Okay, Gets Better, Ends Great
- So...Like...What's That Crawling All Over Those Pe...
- Rave Reviews
- GI Joe Looks Good? Can't Say It Doesn't
- DIY 'Hitchcock' Poster
- Track from Emily Wells' Soundtrack for 'Stoker'
- ▼ November (81)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- ► 2010 (1073)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)