Tuesday, July 19, 2011

'Syria. The Other Side'


Syria. The other side. from Ruslan Fedotow on Vimeo.

Here's the producer's write up:


Following the recent events that took place in Syria, people all over the world used to see this country like it presented by media. I have been twice there and can assure you Syria is a wonderful land with its age-old traditions and unique culture. First, I came to Syria together with my friends in August 2010. That's exactly when I shot my first video about the place. Later Blake Whitman showed it on vimeo.com HD channel. The movie was warmly met and watched by a great number of people, what gave me an opportunity to take part in another project in Syria in February this year. It was a documentary about the country made in 20 days. I was DOP in a second unit. The video you see I made together with my friend from my Syrian shot here, at home. I wish people remembered Syria a great and marvelous country like it really is! Thank you!


Director of photography: Ruslan Fedotow
Edit/color: Artem Yakimov


Canon 5D mark2, 16-35mm 2,8L II, 24-70mm 2,8L, 70-200mm 2,8 IS L II, Glidetrack. Editing and color in Sony Vegas 10.


Special thanks: vimeo.com, Blake Whitman, artwarecorp.com, dslrvideo.ru, Marta Khvastova, Dasha Kovaleva, Andrew Mikhnuik.




.

No comments:

Blog Archive