Matthew Goode (at about 8:00) says 'Stoker' doesn't spoon-feed the audience. In fact, it makes the audience 'work quite hard' and leaves questions unanswered, with loose ends.
It's getting mixed reviews and I'm thinking this must be the reason (though I haven't seen the movie). Americans simply like their entertainment neat. Ambiguity or having plot points whose meaning is open to debate is not sought after in this country.
This being the case I'd expect 'Stoker' to do poorly at the box office
though I hope it will find an audience as a rental or be a draw on
Personally, this is exactly the kind of flick, especially in this genre, that I enjoy. I wait, sometimes for years, for a movie like 'Stoker' to come along. Usually, I give up on Hollywood fare and end up going with something Euro.
Good interview. Worth a few minutes. (There are a couple minor spoilers). I like the poster in the mirror which is a motif from the movie.
I'm surprised (and a bit embarrassed) to find Goode so regular, so likeable. After seeing clips from 'Stoker' I had come to think of the guy (Goode, not the weird uncle) as a creep. I thought he was actually that way. Isn't that dumb. For someone who watches movies, analyzes them, to allow a character to get under their skin like that. I guess it's a nod to the writing, directing, and acting.
I'm looking forward to watching 'Stoker' again and again.
- Totally Hell Yeah Pop-o-corn '2 Guns' Trailer Rock...
- Reaction to 'World War Z' Footage
- New 'Trance' Footage
- So Dorky But, Yeah, Fun
- Cassavetes' Style
- Dash More 'Oblivion' Eye Candy
- Irritating, Watchable, Fun
- Teen-Empowerment International Trailer for 'Kick A...
- Just Not Feeling It
- 'White House Down' Trailer/Poster -- Best Thing Yo...
- 'Pain & Gain' Red Band Trailer
- Moon Goes Kablooey
- New 'Oblivion' Footage
- 'White House Down' Off To A Good Start...Sort Of
- A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Work
- 'Ender's Game' Poster
- Zombies On A Plane
- Not The Average Jason Statham Shoot-Em-Up
- Love The Poster, Okay Trailer, Must-See Doc
- 'Epic' Business
- Plenty Of Lens Flare, Lots Of Over Enunciation, An...
- 'Now You See Me' Poster
- 'Oblivion' BubbleShip
- New Trailer for 'Trance'. This Time, No Spoilers (...
- 4 Minutes Of Ridiculous, But It Keeps Moving
- 'Trance' Featurette
- We Need Monsters, Not Monstrous People
- The Photography of Angelo Musco
- Like It's For A Different Movie
- The Thing About 'Trance' (Possible Spoilers)
- Another Snippet From 'Trance'
- 'Alpha Papa' (Yes, That's Really The Title)
- Portraits of Catherine Zeta-Jones and George Cloon...
- Doesn't Try Too Hard
- Nice Way To End The Day -- Space Time-Lapse
- The Kickstarter Thing -- 'Veronica Mars'
- Van Halen At The Movies
- New 'Oblivion' Footage
- Not Bad
- 'Kick Ass 2' --or-- The Opposite of Superman
- 'The Silence'
- What's Changed Exactly? -- or -- Somebody Save Us!...
- Trailer for SXSW Doc 'Hawking'
- 'Spring Breakers' Clip-O-The-Day
- Eye Candy Of The Highest Order
- Ridiculous or Fun?
- Homemade Trailer for 'Iron Man 3'
- 'Trance' Clip
- Screamingly Good
- New 'To The Wonder' Trailer Really Has That Malick...
- Red Band Trailer for 'Dead Man Down'
- I Might Watch This One
- Another Look at 'Stoker'
- The New Mumblecore, Except Good
- 'Broken Side of Time'
- Again With The Hand Coming Out Of The Mouth?
- Oh, Come On. As If You Had Something Better To Do
- Spot-On, Dialed-In Trailer for 'The Look of Love'
- If The Forests Die, We Die. Got It
- 'Starting Over with Brooke Shields'
- Mesmerizing 'Choros'
- A Compelling Iron Man(s)?
- Like The Cover Of A Novel
- Almost Sterile, But Nice...Sort Of
- Best Marketing Of The Year So Far
- Go Ahead. Laugh. You Know You Want To
- Jennifer Lawrence Falls(!!!!!!!!!!)
- Must-Watch Trailer for 'Disconnect'
- Might Be Too Smart
- ▼ March (71)
- ► 2012 (1471)
- ► 2011 (1761)
- ► 2010 (1073)
- ► 2008 (424)
- ► 2007 (469)