Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Mummy Hard Sell

Photo: Rob Cohen, director The Mummy

IGN has a very thorough rundown of 'The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor' featuring an interview with director Rob Cohen (pictured):

When they sent me the script, I had been...I lived in China in the past when I worked on Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. And I love China; I have a home in Indonesia, I'm through Asia all the time, I'm a practicing Buddhist. I just have a love of all of this. And I said to them, "If you want like a different treatment of China where the Chinese are kind of funny, I'm not your guy. I'm going to do a movie that has a true love of Chinese culture." And Steve Sommers, Sean Daniel, James Jacks -- all of the producers said, "We want you to make your movie." And the studio was 100 percent supportive of that. So this is very different in tone.

You convinced me, Rob. Here's a sort of new trailer:

No comments:

Blog Archive