Friday, July 04, 2008

Blindness

Photo: Blindness movie poster

I haven't liked this idea too much. Based on a novel by Jose Saramago, the story is pretty intellectual and heavy. (I knew before I checked that this movie was based on a novel) -- not a good sign. This will be a tough sell. Release is in September when audiences are burned out from summer CGI spectacle, but still, it's hard to imagine people will want to see this one.

I do like the poster, though. There is a series of them with the same motif, but Moore's is the most compelling. I'm pretty sure the images used for this series are not stills from the movie but were created specifically for the posters. Hats off to the photographer (sorry I don't know who he/she is). It must be a bit daunting for a still photographer to direct a Hollywood actor.

Here is a trailer:

No comments:

Blog Archive