Sunday, September 16, 2007

Penn And Vedder Into The Wild

Sean Penn and Eddie VedderTime has an interview with Sean Penn and Eddie Vedder, who collaborated on 'Into the Wild'. Penn adapted the book, written by John Krakauer, and directed, and Vedder wrote songs for the movie. Story is about Chris McCandless, a young guy who left behind a normal life to wander around the Alaskan tundra for a few months before starving to death.

These guys are refreshingly direct. When asked what made him pick up the book, Penn says, 'The cover grabbed me--the bus, the image of the bus with the title Into the Wild on it. I've made a lot of decisions in my life that you could call judging a book by its cover. And I've become a real advocate of it. So I took the book home, and I read it cover to cover twice, and I went to sleep in the wee hours and immediately got up in the morning, and I saw in essence the movie that you saw last night.' Of working with a live bear he says, 'You say, "Good boy," all day long. Or the trainer does. And he gives him a lot of chocolate whipped cream.'

I really liked that cover too -- it just speaks to me. People are loving the movie -- can't wait to see it.


No comments:

Blog Archive