Friday, August 10, 2007

Stardust

Stardust with Claire Danes

I'm interested to see how 'Stardust' will do this weekend. Most don't like the trailer, which is overly complex and without a core. I loved the trailer despite its lack of focus (so, sue me) and I even wrote a dorky poem about the movie.

I never liked the posters, though. They're both half-hearted and busy. All-in-all, a poor campaign from the guys in Marketing. It's opening day and the 'Stardust' energy level is what you would expect when a film is still months from release.

From the look of things 'Stardust' should open light then bow out -- but I can't help thinking it will enjoy more ticket sales than most forecasts indicate. Luckily, director Matthew Vaughn took the correct approach when shooting the movie and, whatever happens this weekend, 'Stardust' has all the elements needed to be a huge hit on disc, cable, etc. I don't think anybody will be able to resist buying or at least renting 'Stardust' on DVD.

No comments:

Blog Archive