Friday, January 18, 2013

Surprising Trailer for 'At Any Price'

What's the surprise? Watch and see. Okay, I'll give you a hint. Here's what Roger Ebert says about the movie:
  • Dennis Quaid gives one of the performances of a lifetime
  • this film doesn't wrap things up in a tidy package. It is a great film about an American moral crisis. 
  • This is a brave, layered film that challenges the wisdom of victory at any price.
  • novelistic in its events and characters
Yeah, really. Ebert calls director Ramin Bahrani "The best new American director of recent years."

Watching the trailer, in the first few seconds, I couldn't help but be skeptical. It's just so formulaic. I thought comments by other reviewers were a joke. The trailer got better. And better. Then, there's Ebert's comment.

Totally stopped me in my tracks. Can't wait.























.

No comments:

Blog Archive